In Hospital Trauma Course for Students
Sun 6th Nov 2016 - Day 2
• A two day comprehensive course, with a combination of short lectures and engaging practical team sessions where the candidate takes active part in the care of various trauma scenarios.
- The course is delivered by experts covering a wide range of specialities involved in the continuum of trauma patient’s care.
- The in hospital trauma course is suited to those Medical Students, Student Nurses and Student Paramedics, who wish to explore the early phase of trauma care.
- In Hospital Trauma is a foundation course which can be used as an educational stepping stone towards the European Trauma Course which is currently only accessible to senior healthcare practitioners.
- Disco & Fireworks Saturday evening
Download the Flyer Here
Sunday 6th November – Day 2
09:30 Disability – The Neuro Surgeon
10:00 Neuro Practical
11:00 Exposure – The Plastic Surgeon
11:30 Burns Practical
12:30 Interventional Radiology
13:30 Trauma & Orthopaedics
15:00 Paediatric Trauma
15:30 Night Shift Scenario 1
16:00 Night Shift Scenario 2
16:30 Day Shift Scenario
17:00 Bringing it together and Chairman’s close
17:15 Course End
Saturday 5th November – Day 1
09:45 Pre-hospital phase =The Trauma Network
10:15 The Reception = ED Teams
10:45 PH/ED Demonstration
11:30 Airway – The Anaesthetist
12:00 Airway Practical
14:00 Breathing – The Thoracic Surgeon
14:30 Breathing Practical
15:30 Circulation – General Surgeon
16:00 Circulation Practical
17:00 Close of day
Venue Directions: http://www.yarnfieldpark.com/
Follow us on twitter using #PHEMtrauma
The cost is £40 per day and includes refreshments and lunch.
This course is CPD approved.
- £45.00 Bed and Breakfast single occupant
- £55.00 Dinner, bed and breakfast single occupancy
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
Please share this event on your Twitter or Facebook pages. Thank you, Trauma Care.